This is a guide to use Instant Server service at VinaHost. For support, please feel free to contact VinaHost via Hotline 1900 6046 ext.3, email to email@example.com or chat with us by livechat https://livechat.vinahost.vn/chat.php.
1. How to start, shutdown, reboot and reset server
At Server Status section, you can start, shutdown, reboot and reset the server by yourself.
- Reboot: Restart the server.
- Shutdown: Turn off the server.
- Reset: Quickly reboot the server.
If the server is off, please select Start to turn on the server.
2. How to reinstall the operating system
Step 1: To reinstall the operating system (OS), please go to Server Management 🡪 Reinstall.
Step 2: At “Reinstall the operating system” screen, please make configuration as below.
- IP Address: Server’s IP address
- Hostname: Reset Hostname for the server
- Operating System: Select the operating system for the server
- Root Password: Select to set the root password.
- Root Password (again): Re-enter the root password
- Additional User (optional): If you use Ubuntu / Debian / FreeBSD OS, please create one more user
- User: Enter user information
- Password: Enter the password
- Password (again): Re-enter the password
After the configuration is complete, please select Start Installation to reinstall the operating system.
3. How to use Rescue Mode feature
Step 1: To use Resuce Mode feature, go to Server Management 🡪 Rescue Mode.
After you click on this icon, the system shows the configuration as below. Please select Start Rescue.
Step 2: The system boots into rescue mode. After this process is complete, you can SSH into the server via Rescue mode with the IP, Username, Password Information provided when configuring Active Rescue Mode.
4. How to use KVM Console
KVM Console allows you to troubleshoot the server remotely in case you cannot connect to the server by common protocols such as remote desktop or SSH.
To use KVM Console feature, please go to Server Management 🡪 KVM Console.
The browser will download a file with the extension .jnlp to your computer.
To open the file, you need to download and install Java https://java.com/en/download/ on your computer.
After installing Java, you need to configure Java’s security to access the KVM Console.
Go to Start => Configure Java:
Select the Security tab -> Edit Site List… and add the address https://proxy.secure.vinahost.vn -> click OK
Finally, you open the file with the extension .jnlp to access Console Server. The message window Security Warning will appear -> please click Continue:
After selecting Continue, you will see a message “Do you want to run this application”. Click Run to run the application:
The KVM Console window will appear as follows (illustrations for Windows and Linux).
5. How to monitor bandwidth
To monitor server bandwidth, please go to Server Graphs 🡪 Network.
There are 3 options for you to monitor bandwidth: 24 Hours, 1 Month and All Time (from the time you sign up for the service until now).
>>> Read More: Instant Server Service: Introduction & Features
Thank you so much!
>> SERVER – COLOCATION – CDN